Title : LNG Director
Manages : Yes
Reports to : Executive Vice President, Galway Group LLC
The Galway Group is an energy advisory and investment banking firm headquartered in Houston, Texas. Founded in 1995 by several former senior energy industry executives, Galway has grown to a full-service energy advisory firm with offices in Houston, Singapore, London and Dubai. Galway has collective experience in virtually every aspect of the energy industry, including strategic assessments, project development and execution, commercial negotiations, financing, energy marketing and trading, and risk management.
Under the supervision of the EVP the position will be tasked with two primary senior level responsibilities. First, the LNG Director will be supporting/leading multiple advisory assignments and second to support in originating advisory assignments for the firm. The LNG Director will have responsibility of developing more junior staff including Managers and Analysts located at Galway’s various offices.
The Director will be expected to manage client assignments as required to ensure proper execution and in a manner results in high client satisfaction and within the budget set out by the firm. The LNG Director will share on-going responsibility for maintaining personal and corporate discipline expertise in the area of LNG and building this practice area. Part of the foregoing activity will require that the LNG Director represent the firm time to time at outside events and occasionally make presentations at conferences and workshops as necessary to promote the firms branding, expertise and origination activity.
In terms of specific assignments, the LNG Director will hold the project manager role and ensure that clients are provided with the broad range of advisory services offered by Galway and actively market those services to clients primarily.
In addition, the LNG Director will support and in some cases, lead on various marketing activities, prepare client proposals and responses to tenders that fall within his/her regional or discipline areas.
- Lead the business development within the LNG segment in the APAC Region.
- Manage project teams and direct staff.
- Lead the tender process and develop proposals.
- Manage projects within the LNG segment and other related business segments.
- Work towards to be a global domain expert in the LNG segment.
- Work regularly with other Galway senior management colleagues serving other industries, client partnerships, and geographic domains to ensure that Galway maximizes available opportunities.
- Develop markets to drive demand for Galway advisory services in the region/function.
- A solid understanding of the energy sector particularly in LNG and Natural Gas.
- Ability to travel and operate in a diverse range of countries, cultures and market conditions.
- Demonstrated experience in developing energy projects and/or marketing and sales of advisory engagements on an international level.
- Experience in project managing staff with senior and junior analysts.
- Ability to gather, organize and systematically analyze complex information, metrics and analysis orientation.
- Strong financial skills including understanding of project financial statements such as cash flow calculations and profitability.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good judgment and decisiveness.
- Effective organization skills including the ability to prioritize and plan work.
- Must be details oriented with the ability to multi-task.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in engineering, business, or economics. Post graduate education is strongly desired.
- At least 8 years of experience in project manager/senior analyst roles in the energy sector particularly in the LNG sector.
- Has successfully worked on projects that had geographically dispersed team of development professionals.
- Models professional behaviours of conduct and decorum.
PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW AND UPLOAD YOUR RESUME: